Warsi compares UKIP to BNP

Re: Warsi compares UKIP to BNP

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat May 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Ed Milliband wrote:I think that every Tory voter should seriously consider voting for UKIP, especially in marginal constituencies.

It looks like the next big election will be in Bristol in November for the new post of Mayor. All Tory voters in Bristol should seriously think about voting for the UKIP candidate.

If all Euroseptic Tories did have the brains/guts to vote UKIP the political landscape would be hugely different and UKIP would have at least 40-65 MPs

How would that change the political landscape, there are about that number of very Euro-Sceptic Tories already, and by being in a Coalition that is actually in government they have a far greater chance of exerting their influence. If you want to have Euro-Sceptics in government join your local Tory party and participate in the selection process to get the sort of candidate standing that you want. Although it's not easy the mechanisms to deselect standing MPs are there in the Tory party and replacing them with ones more in tune with grass roots opinions are there.

However we live in an age where most people don't want to actually get involved in politics in a meaningful way, paying their subs, attending meetings, listening to debates and shaping policy. They want to be told what to think by swivel eyed loons without the first inkling as to the realities of what they are proposing so they can save what little intelligence they have for picking out which non-celebrity to vote out of the jungle or which non-entity to vote for in Britain's Got The Voice or whatever the latest Lowest Common Denominator TV lack of talent show is called
Cactus Jack

Postby UKIP voter » Sat May 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Ed Milliband wrote:I think that every Tory voter should seriously consider voting for UKIP, especially in marginal constituencies.

It looks like the next big election will be in Bristol in November for the new post of Mayor. All Tory voters in Bristol should seriously think about voting for the UKIP candidate.

If all Euroseptic Tories did have the brains/guts to vote UKIP the political landscape would be hugely different and UKIP would have at least 40-65 MPs

The in-fighting in the Tory party over what position to take on the EU, will get worse before it gets better I would say. Especially with UKIP drawing votes from them.
I actually like Warsi, her comparison of UKIP with the BNP did not do either the Tories or UKIP any favours however, that much is certain.

With the decline of the BNP, we can probably be sure at least some of their former supporters will be drawn to voting UKIP, especially with regards to withdrawing from the EU.
But UKIP policies are starting to gain a distinct libertarian flavour, more libertarian minded voters are seeing UKIP as a worthwhile alternative to the LibLabCon presence that dominates the political landscape of today. If there is one thing that genuine libertarians cannot stomach, it is the dreadful policies of the BNP. I would expect that the libertarian presence in particular will help to purge UKIP of former BNP voters who fantasize (like the left) that UKIP are merely 'BNP lite'. As UKIP matures as a party, genuine racists from the BNP will not find UKIP as a refuge.
A guest poster has helpfully put up an image from the Political Compass website that gives a first approximation of where the political parties stand on a left/right authoritarian/libertarian grid.
We see that Labour are closer to the BNP than either the Tories or UKIP, but the article I link to in a previous post tells us that the BNP draw from disaffected Labour supporters. As night follows day it is no surprise that Labour highlight the BNP and tell us not to vote for the BNP, they are condemning their own former voters after all.
The grid also tells us that both the Tories and UKIP are less authoritarian than both Labour and the BNP.
I don't think that the guest poster wanted us to notice this.

As EU integration proceeds, there will be more of a stark choice for how the LibLabCon deal with a significant enough part of the voting public who have no problem with the free trade aspect of being part of the EU, but also don't want to be ruled by an intrinsically anti-democratic organisation that the EU is.
This presents a stark choice for voters too.
For all the distress that this issue is causing within the Tory party, at least this is an issue they are going to be forced to deal with. The Labour party can of course derive some initial glee from the discomfort that UKIP present to the Tories, such is the nature of politics.
But both Labour and the LibDems have yet to grapple with our future in the EU in a serious manner. The EU tells Labour and the LibDems when to jump, the weak response of Labour and the LibDems is to ask 'How high?'

It is going to be interesting in the years ahead to see how all political parties proceed with regards to our membership of the EU.

UKIP is still a party in the making, fringe elements and the like have to be included or rejected, but for now my vote is with them regardless.
The promise of UKIP as a strong force in shaping political discourse in this country with regards to the EU may amount to nothing, but at least it would have been worth it for UKIP to have at least tried.
The trajectory of the EU as an ever increasingly anti-democratic institution ensures its own self destruction in the long term unless it undergoes major reform.
Whether UKIP is part of that or not, I will still take great pleasure in the fall of the current EU where Labour and the LibDems put aside notions of democracy and told us we had to opine to it regardless.
UKIP voter

Postby spicy » Sat May 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Guest wrote:
spicy wrote:Yes I saw and heard this stint. Well best ignored like her Tory party. By all accounts like many Tory voters this time too!!!

UKIP's share of the vote up by 14% and as much as 21% in parts good luck to them.

How will UKIP get us out of the EU in local councils?

As Nigel said UKIP are not all about getting out of the EU, they are also about influencing how Britain is governed. Besides banging the drum in places of authority is always a good idea.
spicy

Postby UKIP voter » Sat May 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Guest wrote:

How would that change the political landscape, there are about that number of very Euro-Sceptic Tories already, and by being in a Coalition that is actually in government they have a far greater chance of exerting their influence. If you want to have Euro-Sceptics in government join your local Tory party and participate in the selection process to get the sort of candidate standing that you want. Although it's not easy the mechanisms to deselect standing MPs are there in the Tory party and replacing them with ones more in tune with grass roots opinions are there.

However we live in an age where most people don't want to actually get involved in politics in a meaningful way, paying their subs, attending meetings, listening to debates and shaping policy. They want to be told what to think by swivel eyed loons without the first inkling as to the realities of what they are proposing so they can save what little intelligence they have for picking out which non-celebrity to vote out of the jungle or which non-entity to vote for in Britain's Got The Voice or whatever the latest Lowest Common Denominator TV lack of talent show is called

The latter half of your post, that depends on how ignorant you think people are.
I have seen reader comments from the left and the right, at respective leftwing and rightwing sites, that vehemently criticise that the disengagement of the public from politics is because of how increasingly stupid and unintelligent the public are.
As the scramble from LibLabCon to hoover up votes from the mythical 'center ground' vote to gain power continues, we find that voting turn-out ever decreases.
What a conundrum for the big three to claim democratic legitmacy as representatives of the 'center ground', when the voting turn-out on which such claims can be based continues to fall.
The scramble for the 'center ground' can only be arrived at through the ejection of ideological principles, the Labour and Conservative party especially, have shed former highly cherished principles.
As much as the previous ideological zeal of both Tories and Labour would have always been a partial turn-off for voters with less political zeal, I would say that the ejection by Labour and Conservative of their principles to appeal to less ideological voters is rightfully greeted by even more suspicion.
UKIP voter

Postby Guest » Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm

spicy wrote:
Guest wrote:
spicy wrote:Yes I saw and heard this stint. Well best ignored like her Tory party. By all accounts like many Tory voters this time too!!!

UKIP's share of the vote up by 14% and as much as 21% in parts good luck to them.

How will UKIP get us out of the EU in local councils?

As Nigel said UKIP are not all about getting out of the EU, they are also about influencing how Britain is governed. Besides banging the drum in places of authority is always a good idea.

We are in charge of Justice, Home Affairs, Taxation and Immigration. Does UKIP want to reduce those four?

Nigel was busted for lying last week so anyone believing a word he says needs to read up on UKIPs lies.

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat May 05, 2012 6:03 pm

UKIP voter wrote:The latter half of your post, that depends on how ignorant you think people are.
I have seen reader comments from the left and the right, at respective leftwing and rightwing sites, that vehemently criticise that the disengagement of the public from politics is because of how increasingly stupid and unintelligent the public are.
As the scramble from LibLabCon to hoover up votes from the mythical 'center ground' vote to gain power continues, we find that voting turn-out ever decreases.
What a conundrum for the big three to claim democratic legitmacy as representatives of the 'center ground', when the voting turn-out on which such claims can be based continues to fall.
The scramble for the 'center ground' can only be arrived at through the ejection of ideological principles, the Labour and Conservative party especially, have shed former highly cherished principles.
As much as the previous ideological zeal of both Tories and Labour would have always been a partial turn-off for voters with less political zeal, I would say that the ejection by Labour and Conservative of their principles to appeal to less ideological voters is rightfully greeted by even more suspicion.

You confuse cause and effect, which is a common enough failing.

The Tory voters are, in essence, Euro-skeptic and their failure to engage in policy-making terms with the party they nominally support is, admittedly, largely due to the failure of the Tories to put any meaningful democratic structures in place until very recently. Of course the reality of government, in almost every area of policy, is that Europe is far more essential to us than anyone would like to believe. Thatcher struck the right balance for the Tories by making speeches extolling separation and sovereignty whilst actually handing over powers to the EU like no Prime Minister before or since but both she and her less politically able successors have always gone aground on that same rock.

In the meantime, and merely for balance, Labour whilst nominally pro-Europe has always had to reckon with the Unions who would protect the jobs of their members against the interest of a European project built upon the principle of free market capitalism - which you may wish to argue carries and equal moral deficit.
Cactus Jack

Postby jaceylacey » Sat May 05, 2012 6:55 pm

I think she is right. Both parties are worried about Labour and Conservatives ideology of open borders.
jaceylacey

Postby Guest » Sat May 05, 2012 8:03 pm

jaceylacey wrote:I think she is right. Both parties are worried about Labour and Conservatives ideology of open borders.

Our borders are not open.

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun May 06, 2012 7:24 am

Guest wrote:
jaceylacey wrote:I think she is right. Both parties are worried about Labour and Conservatives ideology of open borders.

Try not to confuse Jacey with facts.
Cactus Jack

Postby jaceylacey » Sun May 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Guest wrote:

They feel like it.
jaceylacey

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Only the Conservatives signed an agreement for Open borders within the EU. Our borders are closed.

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 7:09 pm

jaceylacey wrote:
Guest wrote:

They feel like it.

No they don't. You are easily led by people who lie.

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon May 07, 2012 9:59 am

jaceylacey wrote:
Guest wrote:

They feel like it.

Here's a plan Jacey - just for you to try.

Next time you go on holiday throw away your passport, or rather put it through a shredder we don't want any ID theft.

After you've got through immigration tell us how open the borders are.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Mon May 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
jaceylacey wrote:
Guest wrote:

They feel like it.

Next time you go on holiday throw away your passport, or rather put it through a shredder we don't want any ID theft.

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2012 9:04 am

Guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
jaceylacey wrote:
Guest wrote:

They feel like it.

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

These idiots keep repeating the lie like good little Mein Kampf affectionados

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs