All Things LBC

Re: All Things LBC

Postby Stooo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:10 pm

I've got got 'the day the muzak died' on R4, don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of 50's and 60's lounge music but some of it was utter shit.

Still better than Iain Dale.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Fri May 14, 2021 10:00 pm

James OBrien is a God. That zenlike calm. No drama :wubbers: Just oodles of common sense emanating from every pore, always.
Text

Postby drum » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:40 am

I see Jeremy Kyle is back, all about me me me so no change there.
drum

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:48 am

drum wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
drum wrote:She completely ignored that he's born in England as are his children. Shocking those views still walk among us in 2021 :shake head:

I like David Lammy, he's just in the wrong party :mrgreen:

I hope she has a couple of black grandchildren at some point, i'm sure that would make her life complete :gigglesnshit:

He also said he did a ancestry DNA and there's some Scottish in there, quite sad to realise it was possibly a slave owner. Then I started to wonder what he'd look like in a Kilt... is that sexist ? :doomed:

Hang on a minute. He has Scottish DNA? What does that mean? Is he saying that Scots are a race who are distinguished by their DNA?
Raggamuffin

Postby drum » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:01 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
drum wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
drum wrote:She completely ignored that he's born in England as are his children. Shocking those views still walk among us in 2021 :shake head:

I hope she has a couple of black grandchildren at some point, i'm sure that would make her life complete :gigglesnshit:

He also said he did a ancestry DNA and there's some Scottish in there, quite sad to realise it was possibly a slave owner. Then I started to wonder what he'd look like in a Kilt... is that sexist ? :doomed:

Hang on a minute. He has Scottish DNA? What does that mean? Is he saying that Scots are a race who are distinguished by their DNA?

Celtic

In 2007, inspired by the bicentenary of the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act and looking to explore his own African roots, David Lammy took a DNA test. Ostensibly he was a middle-aged husband & father, MP for Tottenham and a die-hard Spurs fan. But his nucleic acids revealed that he was 25% Tuareg tribe (Niger), 25% Temne tribe (Sierra Leone), 25% Bantu tribe (South Africa), with 5% traces of Celtic Scotland and a mishmash of other unidentified groups.

https://www.creativefolkestone.org.uk/w ... versation/
drum

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:04 am

drum wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
drum wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Celtic

In 2007, inspired by the bicentenary of the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act and looking to explore his own African roots, David Lammy took a DNA test. Ostensibly he was a middle-aged husband & father, MP for Tottenham and a die-hard Spurs fan. But his nucleic acids revealed that he was 25% Tuareg tribe (Niger), 25% Temne tribe (Sierra Leone), 25% Bantu tribe (South Africa), with 5% traces of Celtic Scotland and a mishmash of other unidentified groups.

https://www.creativefolkestone.org.uk/w ... versation/

Isn't he just shooting down his own argument then? The lady appeared to be saying that "English" is some kind of race. If Scots can have their own DNA, why can't English people?
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:17 am

Then again, the lady called him "African-Caribbean". What if he's never been to Africa or the Caribbean? He goes on to say she could be Irish. What does that even mean? Do Irish people have their own DNA too? Biden calls himself "Irish", which is complete nonsense IMO.

If a white person was born in India and grew up there, would they be described as "Indian"? Is Lady Colin Campbell Jamaican or not?

So many people fall into the same trap. This is why it's best not to dwell too much on skin colour, heritage, roots, or whatever. We're all just people who may or may not have different skin colour and customs.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:30 am

drum wrote:I see Jeremy Kyle is back, all about me me me so no change there.

He's on GBeebies isn't he? He was complaining about being cancelled yesterday :roll:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:58 am

Stooo wrote:
drum wrote:I see Jeremy Kyle is back, all about me me me so no change there.

He's on GBeebies isn't he? He was complaining about being cancelled yesterday :roll:

No thought for all his staff who didn't even get paid when his show got cancelled.
drum

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:07 pm

James OB was having a lively phone in about vaxxing and a lady called in to inform him that although the vax protected you from nasties it meant that you were more likely to transmit Delta variant if you've had it. She was a fan, sounded very nice but was insistent that she heard it somewhere yesterday, you could tell that she was on the edge of believing it. JOB talked her down and she got a lot stressed and it got me thinking for a while and a few hours later I had a look at Twitter (I don't listen after 1) and lo and behold it was said by his follow on Maajid Nawaz (loony) on his show yesterday :roll:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:19 am

LBC radio host Maajid Nawaz, chairman of the counter-extremism think tank, the Quilliam Foundation, is increasingly steeping himself in pro-Donald Trump conspiracy theories circulated by far-right and white nationalist groups – including supporters of the baseless QAnon.

But, while many have expressed surprise at how a former counter-extremism advisor to David Cameron could end up falling for the increasingly deranged ramblings of the alt-right, Nawaz’s embrace of its ethos was entirely predictable given that, for most of the past decade, the Quilliam Foundation has been supported by pro-Trump Republican donors through whom it has received some $3 million of ‘dark money’.

In the US, ‘dark money’ refers to funds donated legally to politically-active non-profit organisations which are not required by law to disclose their donors. ‘Dark money’ is not illegal money but its sources and channels are opaque.

Nawaz’s latest ‘shock jock’ move was to join Monaco-based millionaire Simon Dolan and others as a signatory to an open letter to the FBI and MI5 titled ‘The Chinese Communist Party’s Global Lockdown Fraud’.

Dolan, whose lawsuit against the lockdown was thrown out of the High Court and Court of Appeal, is the executive producer of Renegade, a feature film promoting its co-producer – the notorious conspiracy theorist David Icke.

A co-signatory to the letter, Stacey Rudin, writes for the American Institute for Economic Research, the Koch-funded think tank which sponsored the discredited ‘herd immunity’ Great Barrington Declaration on the Coronavirus pandemic. In December, she approvingly tweeted out an extract on “the big lie” from Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/01/12/lbc- ... ark-money/
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to TV And Radio