netflix

Re: netflix

Postby Nucks » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Vam wrote:oops - yes, of course I do! :oops: :gigglesnshit: My mistake.

He was brilliant in Bohemian Rhapsody, which is why you've sold me on Mr Robot :smilin:

Don’t be surprised if the show gives you a lot of wtf is going on moments. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Vam » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Nucks wrote:
Vam wrote:oops - yes, of course I do! :oops: :gigglesnshit: My mistake.

He was brilliant in Bohemian Rhapsody, which is why you've sold me on Mr Robot :smilin:

Don’t be surprised if the show gives you a lot of wtf is going on moments. :gigglesnshit:

Watching Kathleen Zellner systematically rip apart the shambolic corrupt prosecution case against Steven Ayers (& Brendan Dassey), I don't think I can take any more WTF?! moments right now!

... but I probably will anyway :thumbsup: :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:18 am

I binge watched after life when it came out and spent the best part of 3 hours crying, but it's so funny too

Just watching turn up Charlie, it's funny in parts, Idris is, well he's Idris, and it's good enough to keep watching, wouldn't rave about it though
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:34 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I binge watched after life when it came out and spent the best part of 3 hours crying, but it's so funny too

Just watching turn up Charlie, it's funny in parts, Idris is, well he's Idris, and it's good enough to keep watching, wouldn't rave about it though

I’ve watched 2 episodes of After Life, mixed opinion so far. Gervais recycles a lot of characters, like his therapist was just like the accountant on Life’s Too Short, and his agent on Extras, a bumbling inept moron. The word cunt is heavily overused imo. Maybe it’s a British thing. Really liked The Office and Extras but found his subsequent work slightly repetitive. I’m not writing it off yet. I think his work is missing the subtlety and nuance that Steve Merchant brought to their projects. I’m tempted to say that maybe he should step back from acting and focus on writing for other actors, but Life’s Too Short was really just David Brent as a dwarf.
Nucks

Postby McAz » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:52 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I binge watched after life when it came out and spent the best part of 3 hours crying, but it's so funny too

I found it too sad and gave up after episode 3. The older you get the more carefully you need to manage your time.
McAz

Postby Cobs » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:00 am

Nucks wrote:

I’ve watched 2 episodes of After Life, mixed opinion so far. Gervais recycles a lot of characters, like his therapist was just like the accountant on Life’s Too Short, and his agent on Extras, a bumbling inept moron. The word c**t is heavily overused imo. Maybe it’s a British thing. Really liked The Office and Extras but found his subsequent work slightly repetitive. I’m not writing it off yet. I think his work is missing the subtlety and nuance that Steve Merchant brought to their projects. I’m tempted to say that maybe he should step back from acting and focus on writing for other actors, but Life’s Too Short was really just David Brent as a dwarf.

He annoys me occasionally but I thought it was very watchable and his best stuff for a while, plus hf & hunter both blubbed -:-)
Compare and contrast with mr partridge...
Cobs

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Just about to start watching Santa Clarita Diet

it popped up in the suggestions and looks like it might be ok
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:59 am

I’m not a big Gervais fan. We watched about 10 mins of After Alice and turned it off, but I might give it another go on my own.

Watching Star Trek Discovery at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it.
Watched two episodes of Hannibal last night too. Not too bad. I don’t like the actor who plays Hannibal, but the other guy is interesting.
NastyNickers

Postby xtras1 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:42 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I’m not a big Gervais fan. We watched about 10 mins of After Alice and turned it off, but I might give it another go on my own.

Watching Star Trek Discovery at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it.
Watched two episodes of Hannibal last night too. Not too bad. I don’t like the actor who plays Hannibal, but the other guy is interesting.

I'm not a fan of Gervais but afterlife was brilliant.

I'm waiting for GOT to finish.. the Russian Doll is my next show.. I think that was what it was called.
xtras1

Postby Dean » Fri May 10, 2019 2:17 pm

There’s a film on Netflix now called Snowpiercer. Well worth a watch!
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Tue May 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Dean wrote:There’s a film on Netflix now called Snowpiercer. Well worth a watch!

Try Wandering Earth, well worth a watch too.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dean » Tue May 14, 2019 6:55 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:There’s a film on Netflix now called Snowpiercer. Well worth a watch!

It was shit. Really bad...
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Wed May 15, 2019 8:41 am

Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I imagine the scientific reasoning for the whole film is something way beyond your understanding but I can assure you that is based on inevitability ( a bit far fetched but quite accurate), no worries Dean -stick to basic stuff.

Sadly I have had to turn Snowpiercer off two nights on the trot, it is such a pointless film and I am wondering if I will ever get to the end of it.

A frozen earth with lots of snow and yet it has ice free rail tracks and the whole of humanity on a train, with the dregs at the rear fed on shit and the higher echelons at the front living in ever more luxury?

They should have called it The Maslow Express based on what I have see, and I will let you know if I ever waste another few minutes of my life trying to watch till the end. Because you know when you start to watch a shit film you have to keep watching in the hope it gets better --and it just never happens.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dean » Wed May 15, 2019 9:33 am

LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I imagine the scientific reasoning for the whole film is something way beyond your understanding but I can assure you that is based on inevitability ( a bit far fetched but quite accurate), no worries Dean -stick to basic stuff.

Sadly I have had to turn Snowpiercer off two nights on the trot, it is such a pointless film and I am wondering if I will ever get to the end of it.

A frozen earth with lots of snow and yet it has ice free rail tracks and the whole of humanity on a train, with the dregs at the rear fed on shit and the higher echelons at the front living in ever more luxury?

They should have called it The Maslow Express based on what I have see, and I will let you know if I ever waste another few minutes of my life trying to watch till the end. Because you know when you start to watch a shit film you have to keep watching in the hope it gets better --and it just never happens.

You have trouble believing the tracks wouldn’t be frozen, yet you say it’s inevitable that we will build boosters on the earth and fly it to another solar system?

You’re a special lad, Raving... :pmsl:
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Wed May 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

You have trouble believing the tracks wouldn’t be frozen, yet you say it’s inevitable that we will build boosters on the earth and fly it to another solar system?

You’re a special lad, Raving... :pmsl:

:pmsl: The science of the earth turning into a Red Giant and swallowing the earth and humans having to go further into space is true Deano, if we haven't destroyed ourselves and earth by then

But I really don't think that earth could be turned into a Giant Spacecraft Deano, that is called artistic liberty/poetic license for a Sci Fi write Deano.

Do you actually know the difference between Sci Fi and Sci Fact Deano?

If you did you'd realise nobody would ever believe that Earth could be turned into a spaceship, but the fact you actually do believe that tracks would not be covered under hundreds of metres of snow and ice --perhaps kilometres-- on a Snowball earth is rather worrying.

Do you know how deep the Greenland Ice Cap is Deano? Look it up and ask yourself if Snowpiercer would get far :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio