TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Chernobyl is frightening, Communists can't run nuclear power stations and there's a chance Corbyn might be elected quite soon.

On June 27, 1954, the world's first nuclear power station to generate electricity for a power grid, the Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, started operations in Obninsk, the Soviet Union. Those dirty commies were first at many things which shows a great education system and industrial base.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Nucks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:44 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Chernobyl is frightening, Communists can't run nuclear power stations and there's a chance Corbyn might be elected quite soon.

On June 27, 1954, the world's first nuclear power station to generate electricity for a power grid, the Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, started operations in Obninsk, the Soviet Union. Those dirty commies were first at many things which shows a great education system and industrial base.

I think what Chernobyl (the series) did well was demonstrate the downside of such perfection, to the point where they were in massive denial to themselves and the world, and with deadly consequences.
Nucks

Postby dr synne » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Any mentioned What we do in the Shadows.Comedy about vampires living in modern America. Enjoying that at the moment.
dr synne

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:13 pm

Nucks wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

I think what Chernobyl (the series) did well was demonstrate the downside of such perfection, to the point where they were in massive denial to themselves and the world, and with deadly consequences.

Nothing perfect about it, they did everything on the cheap and because of that the safety standards were lower than in the West.

I take it neither of you watched the programme?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Nucks » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:31 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Nothing perfect about it, they did everything on the cheap and because of that the safety standards were lower than in the West.

Yes I watched it. Their need to be seen as perfect was more what I was referring to, not actually being perfect.
Nucks

Postby The Moon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Nucks wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

And I’ve given up waiting for them to land.
The Moon

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:58 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

I would be more concerned about the 100 odd rectors in the u.s. that are ner 30 years over thier time to be decomissioned! add to that, the only thing the vast majority of People know about russia isn't writen by russians, or was written by tourists and black propoganda. russia defeated two german armies in almost the same number of decades.

the only reason britain got involved is because of belgum! or to be specific the north atlantic alliance which came about during the napolionic war, ie nato, it has never been a trade organisation! at least not in conventional goods or services.
art0hur0moh

Postby Gabby » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Dare I ask if anyone else is watching Love Island? :doomed:
Gabby

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Gabby wrote:Dare I ask if anyone else is watching Love Island? :doomed:

I am :twirl:

Not seen tonight's yet, think Belle is a brat, Amber is improving but not far off, Tommy and Ovie are hilarious, Anton's a prick. :mrgreen:

Postby Gabby » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:Dare I ask if anyone else is watching Love Island? :doomed:

I am :twirl:

Not seen tonight's yet, think Belle is a brat, Amber is improving but not far off, Tommy and Ovie are hilarious, Anton's a prick. :mrgreen:

So Belle and Anton are a match made in heaven? :mrgreen: ..... or so they like to think! :thud:..... pissed off Curtis chose Maura tbh! :shake head: ..... and Michael’s had his payback! :yess:
Gabby

Previous

Return to TV And Radio